Saturday, January 22, 2011

Doi Suthep - The Golden Palace

Doi Suthep is the most revered temple in Chiang Mai.  It's a 2000 ft climb from the city and is a great place to see the sun rise. I left my hotel ~5:30 and had hoped to make it to the top by sunrise.  I was late but was able to enjoy it along the way.   I wish I would have left about 30 minutes earlier.  Along the route I passed numerous monks collecting their morning alms.  Tourist buses passed me periodically as they also climb the hill.  This was the first time I saw bikers.  Three bikers passed me along the way.  It's a beautiful climb.



At the top, I locked my bike and walked the stairs to the temple. The morning light was amazing against the golden palace.  A must for any biker to Chiang Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment